Saturday, September 02, 2006

Racy

Sigggggggggggggggh

I'm doing a little deep breathing after spending 3 hours in the hipster coffee shop doing editorial work for the Indian firm (where the person managing me is a VERY freaked out and depressed man who will eventually get a post all his own but whose very presence makes my heart go faster and it is not because I find him attractive) and drinking a GIANT cup of iced coffee, after which I discovered that my car was leaking some sort of smelly fluid from beneath the front passenger side, after which I went to Market Basket and despite it being Saturday night of a holiday weekend, it was an absolute fucking madhouse.

I could feel my brain going all a-googly while I was in line. This was after deftly navigating a parking lot filled with immigrants and angry taxi drivers, twisting my car this way and that and backing up in odd spaces to find a place to park my leaky jalopy, and after navigating aisles crammed with people and after trying to remember my grocery list, which I'd left in the car.

Now I'm cooking dinner -- fettucine with roasted red bell peppers (from a jar), shrimp (frozen), capers (jar again), garlic (from the farmers market) and baby spinach (prewashed) with lemon and romano cheese. Along with working today, I went to the gym and did the aforementioned grocery shopping. Tomorrow is yoga, clean, work, toga party (being thrown by a really nifty woman I met at the party of another nifty woman). I've got to go Google instructions for making a toga out of a bedsheet now.

Oh, and take more deep breaths.

Siggggh.

Have I mentioned lately that I'm lonely?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nonsequitur said...

It is better to be lonely than to settle for less. Take that as advice from one who attempted to "settle" before. ;) You'll find the right one when it is time.

12:10 AM, September 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you have mentioned it but hey, welcome to the club! I'm lonely as hell and I live with someone.

8:08 AM, September 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home