Thursday, September 28, 2006

So long smokey treats

I just got an email that it's been three years since I quit smoking, so yay for me. I say, if you are willing to gain 20 pounds, which I very nearly did, then you can do it. I replaced the smoking with exercises, nicotine patches, and a support group and gum and cold water and coffee. I do sometimes still want a cigarette. I wanted one today. But I didn't have one.

What I did do was say goodbye to the Indian man. I took some pics of him near the Christian Science building, and he took a few pictures of me. He said I am welcome to visit him in India any time and he showed me a rupee note. This makes it sound like he thinks I am a hooker, but I am sure this is not so. He was not up for a hug goodbye, but he did accept a warm handshake, and I brought him some chocolate cake today, which he liked a lot.

Tomorrow it is off to the Deerfield Fair with Dr. Moo. We will be spending seven straight hours there, eating and looking at everything, visiting every last building and scratching behind the ears of every last fat bristly-haired pink piggy.

Oink!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Did the Indian man tell you he wasn't up for a hug? Or did you intuit it? Isn't that awkward when someone isn't up for a hug? Even though you know it's his problem, not yours. But still.

12:02 AM, September 29, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

It was a mix of both -- I went in for the hug and sensed he wasn't up for one. This was in a T station so there were lots of people everywhere. I agree with you -- it is a little awkward. I always feel like -- why don't you want to hug me? I'm nice to hug. Hugging is wonderful! Especially with me!

I guess I'll chalk it up to cultural differences

7:34 AM, September 29, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

OH, and congrats on 3 smoke-free years!!! I will be 2 years quit in November. I know what a big deal it is, oh yes. Yahoo!

6:03 PM, September 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home