Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Believe I can Fly

It was spring rolls and sorbet with L and my German friend this evening. When my German friend's boyfriend arrived home talk turned to that new show about superheroes that starts next week. I mentioned that on the bus ride over I wondered, while passing by the Somerville Armory, how I would rescue someone off the lower floors, which have iron bars on the windows, in the event of a fire. Would adrenaline give me enough strength? Hmm, no. But if I was a superhero I could do it! I am not kidding about the thought process. I think maybe all the Buffy the Vampire Slayer watching I've done over the years has had some effect on the things I wonder about, but really I was trying to bend spoons with my mind when I was like 11, after getting ahold of a Uri Geller book of PolackPappy's.

L shared that if she had the ability to move things with her mind she'd get really fat because she would just sit in a chair, open her mouth, and use her powers to inhale ice cream out of the nearest freezer. Then she'd die tragically at a country fair after inhaling a hot dog from a stand across the midway and getting it lodged in her throat.

Then I misinterpreted her saying she wanted to fly to her wanting to be a fly and I said, wouldn't it be gross to be landing on poo all day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home