Monday, September 18, 2006

Choices

I was talking with McMumsy last night and sharing how I'm worried about one of our relatives -- one with issues similar to mine -- and from what I saw of this relative's recent behavior, this person has not overcome those issues. I was debating whether I should say something and whether saying something would do any good. I mean, you change when you're ready to change, right? It was that way for me. You have to find your own bottom.

Anyway. On the topic of not wanting someone else to make the same mistakes you had, my mother mentioned a friend of hers from church, a friend who'd talked to me about career options back when I was on a search for one. This friend married the wrong man and had children with him, and while she does not regret the children, she does deeply regret her choice of father for them. When my mother mentioned I am on the cusp of my 33rd birthday, she worriedly told my mother that that was the age she was when she started to really freak out about being childless and alone. Much as I am childless and alone.

I assured my mother that I had no intention of getting pregnant, although I did let her know that I took my last bc pill last week. I just don't see the point of taking them. I'm not having sex and they cost 60 bucks a month. And honestly, I feel like from here on out it's going to be up to the man to deal with birth control. I know this is rant-y, but, goddamnit, when are they going to invent some sort of a pill to stop the effectiveness of sperm? I don't know. I've been getting all man-hatey lately. Just lots of rowr! feelings about that whole gender. It worries me that there may be more assholes out there than decent ones. It pisses me off that they're fucking over the entire planet with their killing and their raping and their penis-swinging and their war-mongering.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe out. I think I'm going to go meditate now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Please don't marry a loser for the sake of having babies. But if you decide to be a mother (single or paired), know I am prepared to be part of the village it takes to raise a child.

2:56 AM, September 20, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, c! You're totally part of my village already.

Miss you!

6:48 AM, September 20, 2006

 
Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Thought this might be of interest to you...

*cut n' paste*
"Researchers at Edinburgh University's Centre for Reproductive Biology have finally found a way to suppress daily sperm production while maintaining normal testosterone levels. This was not an easy task given that men emit millions of sperm in each ejaculation, while women only produce one egg per month.

From the results of these studies, Organon, a pharmaceutical company in the Netherlands, has developed a pill that is set to go on the market by 2005. The pill has proven to be 100% effective in preliminary clinical trials.

A larger study, involving 120 men between the ages of 18 and 45 from Europe and the United States, is currently underway. The participants have tiny rods implanted under the skin of their arm that deliver a form of progestogen (commonly found in the female birth control pill) to block sperm production."


This article snippet can be found in it's original context here: http://www.askmen.com/love/dzimmer_60/72_love_answers.html

10:57 AM, September 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home