Monday, September 25, 2006

What's a girl to do?

My evening meditation somehow spurred a dusting jag. Who am I to argue when my Yoda sense tells me to sweep softly the excess dirt?

So I opened up a package of those Pledge Grab-it wipes and got to it. I dusted high and low. In the kitchen and the hall. I dusted the fire extinguisher. The toaster. My original cast recording of Sesame Street.

I went to the bedroom and discovered lots of kitty hair seemingly floating in the air and set to getting rid of it.

That's when I discovered one wee spider, and then another, had set up shop near my loveseat. I'd wrecked utterly the home of one of them and partially the home of the other. I apologized and stopped dusting.

So here is my quandary: Does the spider have the Buddha-nature? Ok, kidding. But I really don't want to kick the spiders out. Winter is a-comin' and they're being all good and nesting at the opposite corner of where my bed is, as opposed to crawling into my ears at night.. But spiders and cat hair in your bedroom? Um, hello crazy person. Sometimes I do not know what level of wack it is safe to embrace.

Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan D. said...

You have an original cast recording of Sesame Street too?!

Perhaps your bedroom spiders could move in with my back hallway spiders.

4:25 AM, September 26, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

I have pondered the Buddha question about spiders and beetles and mice and other wayward creatures. I want to be compassionate. But when I find them inside, all I can think about is my high school history teacher's story about how a moth crawled into his ear and was pulsing its wings against his eardrum in a panic, and it was the most painful thing he'd ever endured...I usually have the vacuum cleaner out by that point.

8:59 AM, September 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home