Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend Updates

I've had a busy bee of a weekend, hosting JoyceFrances and her husband, Mike, from Friday through Sunday, along with OSB and her daughter, who came for the day on Saturday, and then heading over to my German friend's house with a big fruit salad and a new knitting project on Sunday night to watch the premiere of 24.

I must say that I was quite impressed with how ridiculously over the top 24 is. On one of last night's two hourlong episodes (and there are two more tonight), the star of the show, in a bid to escape from a torture situation, actually gnaws a big chunk of neck meat and a piece of the jugular vein of one of his captors and then spits it out on the floor before running away. So disgusting! And yet, surprisingly effective.

The show also features Alexander Siddig, who I first discovered in Syriana, and upon whom I have developed what I now realize is a very specific crush on. I only like him when he's playing an Arab, a bearded Arab. And then I like him a lot. I discovered this when, dork that I am, I googled him and found I wasn't all that into him as a regular human being. But wrap him up in a salwar kameez and a head scarf and I practically salivate. And it's not a thing for men in salwar kameezes and head scarves or any other combination you can think of. It's pretty much just Alexander Siddig acting as a Middle Eastern man who is sympathetic to the West. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home