Thursday, January 04, 2007

Gratitude

I still have these days where I feel depressed and lost, sad, hopeless. And I've slowly realized that I've felt this way almost my whole life -- not every day, mind you. It comes and goes. PolackPappy told me he has the same problem. The light dims, the candle sputters. But it always comes back.

I'm glad I'm not so self-destructive anymore. I'm much, much better at moving through rather than running from things. Today I felt pretty low but instead of spending the entire day wallowing I did some cleaning, attempted some writing, went to yoga, took a bath, called a friend. Tried to put forth a little love.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Hey lady, I struggle with the same issue and deal with it the fashion that mentioned in this post. I think you have the right idea... keep close tabs on yourself, pay attention to causative factors behind sudden bouts of feeling down (and try to avoid or minimize them in the future), stay moving, be creative, stay organized, get out and do something safe & social. Really I'm not trying to sound like a doctor or anything, but through trial and error, this is what I've found works. I used to do the whole illegal drugging/self-medicating thingy, then ceased when I saw what it did to a lot of my friends.

9:08 PM, January 04, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

I hear ya girl. I know what an accomplishment it is to recognize it and choose a more constructive way of coping.

Kudos/kisses!

9:38 PM, January 04, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you deal with it far better than I do madam.

6:03 AM, January 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baths and love are good, good medicine.

I tried to find you last night, but Kaite's phone was off!

4:09 PM, January 06, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, guys, and carmen I am sorry about the phone...

9:56 PM, January 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home