Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ma-ma-marichyasana

So yoga is totally not about bragging about what pretzel form you can twist yourself into but I just wanted to note for posterity that I finally achieved this pose.

OK, obviously mine doesn't look exactly like the picture. I don't have nearly that much chest hair, for one. Also I am grasping my fingers together more towards to top of my knee. But I finally got my hands to meet today, after practicing yoga once a week (twice this week, though) for a year.

I was hopeful I would also finally get forearm stand but my body SO said no to that. It's funny how clear the answer was to me. I started to put weight into my shoulders and tried lifting my feet and my body was all, I don't think so, sistah.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Whoa. That looks pretty satisfying. I need to get back into yoga...

11:15 PM, December 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody hell McPolack, I'm impressed.

7:32 AM, December 29, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

If you can get into that position, or anything close to it, then damn girl, you've earned the right to brag! Wow!

6:25 PM, December 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home