Monday, December 18, 2006

Everything's Coming Up

There's nothing like transcribing hours of interviews with GERD sufferers to put a girl in a festive mood. After my shift at the transcription office and a trip to the library I came home to light a piney-smelling candle, plug in the lights on my happy hippie tree (which now has more ornaments courtesy of some I plucked from McMumsy's collection) and realized my present pile is slowly decreasing.

OSB was here on Friday with her wee girlie, who just turned one; they both got gifts. Then on Saturday I visited ctale and Bionic and their new beautiful baby with more gifts, then it was McQ family Christmas on Saturday night where I brought a cookbook to the Yankee swap.

Sunday night it was fresh homemade f*kng delicious dampfnudeln and soup at my German friend's, with gifts for her, her boyfriend, and L. I also learned to knit! Which would be thanks entirely to L's patience and gift of fat needles and yarn. And my German friend made a bunch of different flavored chocolate truffles.

Tomorrow it's present time for the girl I watch and her mom and dad, too, plus another gift for another pal. Then, zip! It's Christmas Eve.

I do enjoy the gift giving, I must say, and I just wish I had more money to spend, because it's really fun to shop for other people. This Christmas morning will be the first without Little Brother, who will be at the home of his bride. We have replaced him with 2 dogs and 2 cats, one of whom was playing with his squeaky hedgehog on my ass yesterday as I was plugging in the lights of the McPolack family Christmas tree.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Dampfnudeln is just fun to say.

Sounds like a lovely pre-Christmas!

10:35 AM, December 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home