Monday, December 25, 2006

Gratitude

"Nobody cares what you had for lunch."

That would be the title of a book about blogging that Dr. Moo just shared with me after I told her what I had for lunch: One glass of half grapefruit juice/water, 2 fruit slices (as in the jelly kind, coated in sugar and made with sugar), 1/2 a piece of penuche fudge, a chunk of peanut brittle and three of these disk-shaped Concord-made creamy mints.

Moo made this comment after I took her g-d dog on a five and a half mile run, a run on which I had to, on the busy road at least, keep Tess the Wonder Hound on a short leash and continually shove her out of oncoming traffic with my knee, as she likes to run into it. Also she likes to eat shit but that's nothing new.

Anyhoo. New Christmas tradition this year, as we are short Little Brother: We're going to my aunt's for dinner. I'm glad because I was just going to go there on my own and was dreading the lonely drive home.

No Christmas meltdown for me either, although it was strange not having Little Brother there on Christmas morning. He called, and talked to each of us in turn, and I could tell he missed us, and we missed him. But change is the way of things and one day he'll have children of his own and they'll leave the nest. Ah, sunrise, sunset.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home