Sunday, December 24, 2006

Feliz Navidad

Has anyone else ever noticed that around this time of year Feliz Navidad suffers from the Law and Order Syndrome, wherein it is always playing, like Law and Order is always on TV, on your car radio somewhere? You cannot get away from it! Even when you turn the radio off...I was waiting for the T yesterday afternoon at Park Street, and wouldn't you know it, there was a group of subway musicians playing that g-d song. I'm definitely more of a The Holly and the Ivy girl myself.

In other McPolack Christmas news, Daphne-Moon and I arrived safely at the McPolack homestead yesterday evening. I promptly ate two large plates of Chinese food followed by cookies and chocolates, and stayed up late with Dr. Moo, Tess the Wonder Hound, and Chauncey the Super Corgi, who floated up soft SBDFs as he slept on my lap, burning my nose hairs. We watched The Sound of Music and then a little Dr. 90210 for a real tour of what entertainment once was and what it is today.

Now McMumsy is in the kitchen crankily making the corn chowder for tonight's dinner which will soon be followed by PolackPappy crankily cooking a 133 dollar rib roast. God love 'em, they just really don't like to entertain. It's a Christmas miracle we have as many people over on Christmas Eve as we do.

Christmas Day I will be doing much of the cooking. It's just four of us so there's a pre-made vegetarian lasagna to which I will be adding yeast squash rolls, peas and turnips with dill, pierogis (frozen from Thanksgiving) and for dessert a hot milk sponge cake with a dark chocolate topping. I also scramble eggs and fry bacon for everyone on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Peace, love, and all that.

xxoo
McP

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Sounds like a smashing holiday! Buckley had the wicked Fahts too, as I "treated" him to a few thick slices of ham.

8:15 PM, December 27, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!! xoxo

8:15 PM, December 27, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

Leaving three comments on one post kinda feels like talking, repeatedly, into an empty room, but I wanted to also say...

I personally loathe Christmas songs that sexualize Santa Claus. Santa Baby, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus and The Man with the Bag are among my most detested.

Peace out now.

8:20 PM, December 27, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Comment away! I think it's more of a dimly lit room where people are hanging out, trying not to breathe loud.

And It makes me feel special to get so many responses. Also I haven't heard "wicked fahts" in a while. I like it.

And I am with you on the sexual songs. Christmas is not about fornicating with Santa! No, no, no, no, no.

10:03 PM, December 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home