Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

How was yours? Mine was quite uneventful, by choice. I turned down a couple of offers to stay in and, er, clean my fridge. It was part of the great McPolack purge, which also involved putting the bags of clothes and books that have been sitting in my bedroom for months into my car so I can take them to Goodwill, and then filling more bags with clothes and books.

Then I made my favorite shrimp dish and ate it, along with the rest of my chocolate Santa, because Lord knows you can't go into a New Year with last year's chocolate Santa. And then I went to bed before midnight.

I don't do resolutions because, for the most part, I feel like my life marches to a different beat than the ticking by of years but I will say that I'm going to be more grateful and less judgmental, and spend more time giving and less time gazing at my own fucking navel and being a whinocerous. And I will try harder to put as much love and peace and hope and faith into the world as possible, all the while being open to what I am supposed to do next.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

McPolock, these sound like good resolutions- I'm with you on all of them. Also, for the first time in years, I didn't stay in on NYE and go to bed before 1030pm. Woo for me!

5:51 PM, January 02, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Woo for you, indeed! And I hope you got in some good kissing and reveling and eating of fine and tasty foods.

6:25 PM, January 02, 2007

 
Blogger Regina said...

I saw my resolution for 2007 on a bumper sticker:

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Hope for tomorrow

I spent New Years on the West Coast and it was a total gyp! At midnight they just replayed the Time Square ball drop like it was live. What a rip, for them. East Coast rules!

7:48 PM, January 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home