Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mad World

First it's a pot house right up the street from McMumsy and PolackPappy.

Then I wake up at 5:30 this morning at my friend OSB's house in Dublin, NH to pee and look out the window where I discover, instead of the usual snow and pine trees, state troopers as far as the eye can see and a mobile SWAT command center with these freaky lit-up traffic cones in front of it.

It turns out that, just after I'd gone to bed the night before, one of OSB's neighbors lost it and shot his ex-wife and her lover in Peterborough, where I lived for several years. The lover is a friend of OSB's husband that he's known since high school. Both the shooting victims were airlifted to major hospitals and, I think, are both going to live.

Meanwhile, the shooter had holed himself up in his house with one of his teenage children. I apparently slept right through the cavalry's arrival at around 3 in the morning. OSB's husband watched the SWAT team suit up, in camo, with big guns, and fan out into the woods.

They brought the shooter in without incident at around 6 this morning. I couldn't find much about it on the Internet so you can consider this your breaking news blog of the day.

But oh, New Hampshire, what is happening to you?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Wow, that IS insane. There's nowhere near as much excitement as all that in my life as of lately. Glad you're still OK... that could have been one ugly scene (beyond the 2 shootings).

"But oh, New Hampshire, what is happening to you?"

We're a buncha nut jobs, aren't I proof enough of that? :-p

11:50 PM, December 31, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

holy fuck! nothing remotely interesting in seven years, and the moment I leave, this????
happy new year, mcp. love you, even if I donĀ“t keep in touch the way I should.
Give my love to OSB too...

4:05 AM, January 01, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

C, right back at you on all counts including especially the keeping in touch part at which I do suck more than you. I will pass your message on to OSB (who spoke of you when I saw her) and write you soon.

n, you are the proper kind of wacky New-Hampshirite: sweet, funny, nature-lovin', bizarre, and non-violent. Thanks for your concern!

9:12 PM, January 01, 2007

 
Blogger Regina said...

All's quiet in NC so our crazies must have relocated to NH via your internet connection. =)

7:54 PM, January 03, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home