Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am part of what is wrong with this country...

...sometimes when I call OSB, and I call her often, her husband answers the phone and says "I thought I told you never to call here again," reason being that I oftentimes get her hooked on absolute crap TV.

Let's take last night, for instance. OSB calls me. I'm eating dinner. I call her back. Hubby is not home and OSB is bored with Dancing with the Stars. She also shamefully admits to having watched not one but two episodes of a search for the next Pussycat Doll reality show.

True friend that I am, I tell her to go to the country music channel, where they are running a marathon of a reality show where they pick people to work at Coyote Ugly, a chain bar where women tart themselves up, dance suggestively, and pour liquor down peoples' throats. Classy. To make OSB feel better, I tell her I watched the Coyote Ugly movie. Then I explain a little more about the show to her. "See, Liv, she's like the bitter old washed-up whore and her job is to make the young women feel bad about themselves."

Which she does. Last night the cranky old whore got all up in arms over two women that weren't wearing enough slutty makeup.

Honestly, you should change the channel if you come across this program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home