Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Love

Well this post is going to gross a lot of you out with its TMI factor but it's my blog, so too bad!

I've been really depressed the last couple of days. It's just something that happens to me, and I try my best to suck it up. Today I was lucky enough to be able to bring work home from the transcription office. While I was typing, I noticed my kitty was pacing around, and crying.

Oh, and licking her butt, which is where the TMI comes in.

But first, the backstory.

Now PolackPappy was among the first few thousand men and women to join the Peace Corps after it was established by President Kennedy; he was deployed to Peru in the mid-1960's. While there, he became quite acquainted with the local flora and fauna, including the Peruvian guinea pig, which has long hair, and which ran around and were snatched up and eaten with some regularity, sort of like small, hairy chickens.

When Dr. Moo was around nine she found one of her Christmas gifts in the pocket of my father's father's jacket. It was Sheila the Peruvian guinea pig. Sheila lived for nine years, a long time for any pig. And she was really my father's pet. He would sit with her on a towel in his lap and they would both fall asleep. Sheila would also go to the bathroom when she fell asleep, hence the towel. Lucky for us, PolackPappy wasn't one for crapping himself at naptime.

But oh did he love that pig. And she him. She used to get these enormous balls of poo stuck in her lower GI tract, and my father would hold her, belly-up in his hand, and pick the poo out with tweezers while cooing at her. She cooed back. It's gross to think of, I get that, but it's also sweet and touching.

Which brings me the long way 'round to my story: My poor bunny had a poo stuck in her bum and so I pulled a little bit of it out for her (using a tissue!) and then waited by her litter box until she passed the rest of it, put on some gloves, and examined it to make sure everything was OK. Which it was. It's spring, and she's got long hair and she's blowing her coat, and there was just a lot of hair in there.

And now she's laying on the carpet resting and giving me the lovey bunny blinky eyes.

I'm a good Mom.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You ARE a great mom! Your bunny is lucky to have you there to pull the shit out of her bum! I could have used you when I was pregnant with my twins ;) (ewwww...)

5:48 PM, April 24, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

xianfern, you just made me laugh out loud. Perhaps I should seek freelance employment as a poo-dislodger from ladies of all species.

6:10 PM, April 24, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus christ mcp, i might have to stop coming by here...












just kidding.

9:34 PM, April 24, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have to pull the poo out of my guinea pig too...her name was Baby. But I would squeeze it out.

XianFern recently told me that at some point I will also have to pull poo out of my real Baby too...ugh

9:09 AM, April 25, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm leaving the room now.

12:02 PM, April 25, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home