Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Nyet

Ah, me.

I gave out me blog to a couple of personal ad dates, just to stop myself from saying anything untoward about them, because I thought it was maybe a little unfair.

But then I am left having to vent in the usual fashion, as opposed to the public fashion. So I'm still on the fence on all this. Today I'm on the side of the fence where I blog about dates. Like the one I went on last night, with a Russian doctoral candidate. I wrote him first and he asked me for coffee. He seemed excited to meet me. Then when we met for coffee I could see, the second he laid eyes on me, that he wasn't interested.

And you know what? You know what, reader peeps? I'm cuter than him! In the body and in the face! Boooooooooooooooooooo!

Also he did NOT pay for my coffee. Bastard!

But points for him for keeping the date to just one hour, shaking my hand at the end and not making false promises (something I am not so good at at times because it feels awkward) and writing me later that night to say he had fun but there was no chemistry.

Oh husband, where are ye? I'm waiting...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

good lawd. i simply do not understand your bad luck with men.

you are smart and funny and damn fine.

wtf?

8:00 PM, September 18, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

He should have paid for the coffee. Bastard.

I don't suppose he's a doctoral candidate in chemistry?

5:33 PM, September 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home