Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Daddy-O

My friend A's husband, dad to wee Daisy, who I've spent some time babysitting, shared a special present with me a couple of weeks ago: a copy of the album he made. It's called Stay At Home Dad and while he says it is just an exercise in silliness, I must say it's a very fine one. I was laughing out loud in my kitchen last night listening to it.

The album is made up of both instrumental and lyrics-filled tunes, with songs like "New House, New Kid, No Job" and "Friday Brunch at the New Yummy Hut."

But my personal favorite would have to be the instrumental tune that samples all of wee Daisy's noisy-ass toys, like Elmo, Leap Frog, and a whole host of other beasties that seem to have minds of their own. It's called "My Daughter's Asshole Friends."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds really funny! Tell your friend that one of your loyal blog readers would be happy to throw him some cash for a copy - my stay-at-home-dad hubby would surely identify with his music. Susan D. (sorry, I've sort of abandoned my blog...) Is he a professional musician? does he have his own website that he'll be selling it from?

P.S. Can I just say that your writing lately has been getting better and better? keep it up!

7:38 AM, October 17, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

Yeah, what Susan D. said! (I mean I want a copy of the Asshole Friends song and also that your writing rocks.)

1:59 PM, October 17, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks guys and I have asked my friend A to check with her hubby and will get back to you..

2:47 PM, October 17, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home