Wednesday, October 10, 2007

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

So last night a friend took me to dinner at a swell Cambridge restaurant for my birthday. As she knows the chef we were treated extra-nicely. I had duck, and a beet salad, and although they don't make dessert, the chef brought out a little plate of nuts and chocolate with a candle stuck in it at the end.

As if that weren't nifty enough, this friend has access at her job to what is known in the magazine industry as a "beauty closet." And she'd raided it that day and picked out something fabulous!

That something? Why 86 dollars worth of cellulite treatments. Which means, of course, it's time for me to sacrifice another buttcheek to science. Yes, dear readers, I will again be testing the viability of of cottage cheese reduction claims, only this time instead of lowly coffee grounds I will be using these weird patches that you stick on your "critical zones" at night and a nicely scented body cream that you rub on during the day.

I did my first patch last night. Want to know how it felt? Well I'll tell you: sort of like skin. The cold, damp skin of the dead. But sticky.

The next morning I have to say I did not notice much of a difference, although the skin did feel a bit smoother on the patch side versus the non-patch side. Then I rubbed in the body cream and went about my daily business.

I'll let you all know how it turns out because GOD KNOWS we ladies can't look unsightly in any way now, can we?

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

I hope you're documenting all of this butt cheek research carefully. you have a book deal coming to you.

7:19 PM, October 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home