Monday, September 24, 2007

Home

Arose before 7 yesterday to meet Dr. Moo at the airport and enjoyed her lack of sleep mood swings, which involved snortling one minute while telling me about how she dropped her new purse in the toilet ("only pee" was her answer when I asked the obvious question) and then gave her still-damp meal ticket to the meal-ticket checker-inner, and grumbling the next that I was going to break her eleventy-jillion pound suitcase as I dragged it onto the Silver Line bus. Then we went back to my apartment where I rubbed her scary bloated feet, fed her some blueberry pancakes and veggie sausage, and left her passed out in front of a "So You Think You Can Dance" marathon on MTV.

Late that afternoon, we headed to see the new digs of Little Brother and his wife, which are quite lovely, let me tell you. Four floors of gracious Beacon Hill living, with a Viking stove, patios, and giant bathtub with crazy spigots that spray water right out the window. There's also a long brick tunnel that goes from the ground-floor patio (there are two wee patios, quite cute) to the street. I went in there and Little Brother shut the door on me and boxed me in. I heard him and the rest of the McP's giggling on the other side. Once I was let out I announced it looked like a mighty fine underground railroad for poor folks, as in me, to hide out from their creditors. Not that I have any creditors looking for me!

Then we went upstairs for dinner and PolackPappy shared that the photographer at a recent Polack wedding they attended had been on Whitey Bulger's first crew, and then a Boston police officer after that, which made me wonder if the sequel to The Departed would be more like The Wedding Singer. Also Little Brother and his wife let us look in all their closets, which was very gracious, as isn't that what we all secretly want to do when looking at someone's new home?

Anyhoo, Tess the Wonder Hound was there barking the way coon hounds do, at a place both coon hounds and McPolacks normally are not, but now, normally, are, and it was and is a good thing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home