Thursday, November 22, 2007

J to the C

Sometimes I really, really, really think technical mountaineering gear is made by elitist snobs for elitist snobs.

Take these puppies (I'm on a Mac and can't figure out the coding so you'll have to cut and paste http://en.petzl.com/petzl/SportProduits?Produit=40). They're instep crampons and as I am heading out for a solo hike tomorrow on a mountain that will most likely require them at some point (well I'm hopeful it will require only them and not an ice axe because A, I do not have and ice axe and B, I do not know how to use an ice axe to self arrest which means that C, I will have to turn around and go home). Unfortunately my brain and putting things like this together just don't mix. I'm very big picture, love and death and life and truth and beauty and creativity and not very insert tab A into slot B. It's a challenge for me. And it would be a heck of a lot easier if there were more directions than what the fancies who made the crampons have provided.

(BTW, note to cuarentayuno, thank you for the snotty crampons and I wish you were here to hike with me.)

Anyhoo, just going on a ramble. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home