Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bionic Woman

So yesterday I had my annual physical, which cost 210 dollars, since I went to my doctor in NH. I've been going to her for many years and I'm a girl who likes tradition.

Anyhoo, turns out I am officially old enough to warrant a mammogram, and I'll be sure to blog all about that delightful experience. I'm also going to get a bunch of blood tests I haven't had in quite some time, since those at least are covered by my insurance.

But the best news of all is that I don't have athletes foot. Since May I have been molting; the soles of my feet crack and peel and peel and crack, every few days. I thought it was a fungus and have tried various and sundry remedies, all to no avail. Meanwhile I have felt grossed out and embarrassed. Turns out what I really have is hyperkeratosis, which is when your body produces too many skin cells. Which means I have bionic feet! (Walnut recommended calling them dragon feet.) I grow skin on them much faster than the average person. I plan to start using them as a skin graft farm for burn victims tout de suite.

Well, either that or rub them with the steroid cream I got a prescription for to clear that mess up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha! too funny...use them as a "skin graft farm"....ha....you're funny. :)

9:37 PM, December 23, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother's skin flakes all over - his ex-wife said she used to shake out his socks before putting them in the laundry and worried that one morning she'd wake up to find just a pile of dust in the bed.

4:42 AM, December 24, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, ctale! And Thursday, your brother's ex-wife has a way with words.

10:37 AM, December 24, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a). merry christmas
b). the feet story was nasty

8:42 PM, December 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home