Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's time...

...for me to get out and live a more interesting life so I will have more to write about here. Dr. Moo and her bf come to visit this weekend, to stay at Little Brother and Sister-inLaw's Beacon Hill abode with Tess the Wonder Hound, dine on pierogi at Chateau McPolack in the 'ville, and then on Sunday we all journey north for McMumsy's birthday.

In other McP news, I meditated this week, twice. I either listen to wackadoo music compilations or guided CDs I have loaded on Sheena. One of the CDs is an intro to meditation and there's a series of progressive exercises. The first, and supposedly easiest, is paying attention to your breath. You breathe in and out and the guy on the CD says focus on your nose...or your belly. Who can choose? They're both great. I usually hash it out for awhile, then feel cranky, then...I actually get a few moments of nothingness in there and my mind shuts up and it's really quite lovely.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meditation is something I have never mastered well and I wish I could.

3:54 AM, December 04, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Oh, I haven't mastered it well, either. What's helped me is to hear someone who knows what they're doing say that it's OK if you lose focus 20 times in 20 seconds. Just keep trying. It's the trying that is important. Which is weird because Yoda says there is no try and you'd think he'd be real into meditating.

9:23 AM, December 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home