Friday, January 09, 2009

I may be a swingin' single city gal but sometimes I shop like a Midwestern housewife. Case in point: today I took a mid-afternoon trip to Target; there was a fifty-dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I wasn't due to get more work until later.

I did manage to not buy any of the horrible bras there. I need new bras and it seems like the only cute ones they make any more are padded. I do not need padding.

But I digress. Here's what I got: four white vinyl shower curtain liners; 2 boxes of hair dye; 1 digital meat thermometer; 1 tube clearance mascara; 1 sink drainer; 1 clerance spatula; 1 package of hair elastics; 1 bottle Suave brand shampoo (on sale); 1 box tampons; 1 bottle all-purpose surface cleaner; 1 pack sponges; 1 pack scrubbies.

Right after Christmas I bought a tall plastic tub (for 10 dollars!) designed especially for holding gift wrap. I was SO excited to find that puppy, let me tell you.

I think I might start hosting Tupperware parties and making cold molded desserts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Dude! I SO wanted one of those gift wrap tubs! Couldn't find!

You did it right at Target with the household items. Target is not the place to buy bras and such; even though they have cute things at low prices, the stuff ends up falling apart and then you feel cheated.

Happy New Year!
xoxo

7:08 PM, January 10, 2009

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

and you don't want a red bulleye in the middle of your boob.

6:49 PM, January 11, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home