Friday, January 02, 2009

Quiet

I rang the new year in quietly, so quietly, in fact, that I was asleep before midnight. It was the same with a lot of people I know; I think 2008 just kicked our collective asses. Boston didn't even have a fireworks display. This was due to wind but I think there's something to be said for symbolism.

Things have been quiet in general, mostly owing to my lingering sicky-poo-bronchi-laryngitis that came on the day before Christmas. I'm still coughing quite a bit at night and horking up gunga (you're welcome!) in the a.m. I'm also still tired, but less so every today, and today I went to the noon astanga primary series class, which is 90 straight minutes of sweaty mcsweat. I wanted to take a nap when it was over but I persevered. I want to take a nap now and my eyeballs feel like they're going to fall out but it's too late for napping and I think there's some sort of string keeping my eyeballs in place anyway.

So. Tomorrow brings more work followed by a lovely afternoon break, a proper tea in Harvard Square with Lydia and Amelia. I'm excited to go and snack on dainty sandwiches and gab. And tonight I'm excited to lay on the sofa and eat reheated pasta from last night and reheated cookies from the night before.

It's all good.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

That thing is going around and wrapping itself around nice people's lungs. Make sure you're sleeping enough! Gus has been sick for six weeks because he won't sleep enough. Sleep enough!

12:28 AM, January 03, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All sounds good. Happy New Year McPolack.

6:10 AM, January 03, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home