Monday, January 26, 2009

Soooooooooooo...

...this 90-day thing is really stirring up some shiat for me. I've been crying a lot which, for me, means twice in one day for nearly a minute each time. I'm not the sort of sobber I used to be, mostly because I get that stuff out in other ways, but more than a little because there are few people I feel safe being that vulnerable in front of. Which is what it is. I need to take care of myself.

Anyhoo, the great web of personal connections has brought me another project. It's small but it's a start and it could lead to another permanent source of income. I am wicked grateful! Also a check came in today which means I can pay my rent. Which is awesome! I remain behind on some bills nonetheless. But nothing is on fire or going to be before the end of the month.

In other McPolack news, I went to L's work party on Friday at a hotel on the waterfront. L works at the same company as Walnut and, as it turns out, L's boss (who was hired by Walnut but then Walnut left and he became a VP and ended up hiring her back) is one of several children in a hippy family whose attic I have slept in on New Year's Eve, back in my high school/college years. There was a trapeze in the attic. And in the kitchen, olliebollen. Walnut grew up with the family, where she saw Pete Seeger sing at one of the kid's birthday parties, when she was a kid.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home