Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poor kitty!

I cat-sat for Eli and Clio this weekend, the happy pets of friends of mine. Clio is a North End stray and Eli followed them home from the beach in Miami as a kitten. There was a note with the kitties' chow that read "Give Eli a treat from the plastic bag but don't tell him there's a pill in there!"

Well I hunted high and low for that plastic bag and found it chewed through on the floor with two slightly goo-covered pill halves inside. Eli, ever the scrapper, had figured out the trick on his own. Naturally he resisted all my attempts to get him to take his medicine.

Well come to find out poor Eli was hit by a car yesterday; he was found under the porch, pretty banged up but, thankfully, alive. I'm posting this on my blog in the hopes that all my kitty-loving friends (and even my doggy-loving friends) will send him happy healing vibes so that he feels better soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott Kirsner said...

Maggie - thank you for the loving post... and for sharing the story about the pills. I wondered what happened....

8:01 PM, February 10, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy healing thoughts to Eli!

9:59 AM, February 11, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thursday, thank you, and Scott, you are welcome-and I bet the pill thing is all Smooshy's (Squishy's? Squashy's? Smashy's? Flatteny's?) fault.

6:28 PM, February 11, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home