Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quieting the Mind

So one of the things I'm doing as part of the whole 90-day thing is meditating daily. I'm starting small, usually 15 minutes or so, although yesterday I went for half an hour. Right now I'm in the same space I've been in for awhile with the practice: I'm slightly uncomfortable, uncomfortable, and extremely uncomfortable in varying degrees, with a few moments of utter peace.

What's most interesting is that while it's work, hard work to just sit down and shut up, I feel really good when I'm done, centered and relaxed. Like how I feel after yoga.

Speaking of yoga, I practiced at home for nearly 90 minutes straight last week. Including a headstand attempt. I can swing up into headstand but I have to have a wall behind me. I thought I could push my limits by replacing the wall with a sofa. I in fact did push my limits, most notably approximately a half-second in when I thought "uh-oh" and proceeded to tip right over. Luckily for my kitty who was watching me from her shoebox on my right, I fell to the left. But every time I practice yoga around her she moves farther and farther away.

She's a smart girl.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Felled tree pose.

Namaste.

11:52 AM, January 29, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home