Monday, June 29, 2009

Weird

So today my doorbell rang, and since I wasn't expecting anyone, I didn't answer it. Then, for at least an hour, a car idled at the end of my driveway. I went downstairs and there on the front door was a note off a custom post-it pad that has the print on the same side as the sticky so when you stick it on a window the person on the other side of the window can read it. The note said it was from someone who worked for a federal office that does background checks on civilians who apply for government jobs. I went to their Web site; they seemed legit, but I still didn't go outside until after the guy left. He left the sticky note on all the doors of the house. I'm not sure if he rang every doorbell. When one of my neighbors came home, he took the note off the door. Since he didn't stick it on the bulletin board, I assume the note was meant for him.

Or maybe it was about him?

I fully admit to being a wee bit too suspicious of people. And I can't help but wonder if this office runs into a lot of suspicious people, seeing as how they have sticky notes you can read while hiding behind your curtained front door while Mr. federal agent hangs out in his car in your driveway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home