Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm no hoarder

JoyceFrances came to stay at my place a few weeks ago while I was away; when she left, she commented on how full my freezer was of chow. She also said she'd watched this show about a hoarder lady who had a refrigerator full of ancient yogurt and a freezer bursting with expired meat.

I watched that show and looked at my freezer with fresh eyes. Actually the eyes weren't so fresh. I call them my "Am I crazy?" eyes and when I pop 'em in, it's so I can spend some time wondering whether or not I'm a whack job.

Now I've gotten pretty good at realizing I'm not any nuttier than the next person, all things considered. But every so often something trips me up. After I watched the hoarder lady, I went on a throwing-things-away rampage. I also took four bags of stuff to Goodwill.

Truth be told, I do keep food like there's a war coming. I don't like to run out of things. So as to remind my rat-brain that the world won't end because there aren't 15 Fage 2% yogurts in my fridge, every so often I let my supplies dwindle. Like now. I'll be out of ravioli after tonight and I have less than a week's worth of yogurt left, among other things I eat a lot of. So I went to the Basket to stock up. And they were all out. Of almost everything.

There was, however, a cute Eastern European bag boy, so that was something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

i saw that episode and had to look away from the tv multiple times. i couldn't believe those people could be in the house without puking.

8:25 PM, September 17, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home