Monday, January 04, 2010

So my mom

did not end up coming to help Dr. Moo get ready. It was just her, me, two dogs and a crochet hook, which took pretty much the amount of buttons up the back of her dress to learn how to use. Her dog stepped on my dress; later, my Dad stepped on my dress, but nobody stepped on Moo's dress, and hers is the one that mattered.

I'm sure I'll blog more about the wedding in the coming days but what I feel right now is a sense of relief. I don't have to worry about Dr. Moo anymore. I didn't feel this way after Little Brother's wedding, for many reasons. I'm also sad. I feel like we sent her off on a little boat away from the island of our nuclear family. And she isn't coming back.

But that's the way of things.

(The pics below are of me and Francois Clemmons, aka Officer Clemmons from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. When I first laid eyes on him I think I looked like I wanted to eat him. He graciously agreed to this photo and then said we could be pen pals. Oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home