Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Elephantitis

I recently commented to a fellow LNFU employee that after working there for a year, I had decided to take my relationship with the institution to the next level. I am no longer just sleeping with the LNFU. I am letting it be my boyfriend.

Today I roamed newer hallways in search of bulletin boards for posting, and to familiarize myself with a broader geographical area. I got to somewhere I'd been before, but via a different path, one that included a sweet old elevator with a door that you have to open yourself.

Later, while climbing a back staircase and trying my new set of keys in what turned out to be the wrong door, I happened upon the biggest taxidermied elephant head I've ever seen. The placard said it's a loaner, but my research suggests its owner shot it in the second decade of the last century so I doubt he's going to ask for it back. I felt pretty terrible for the elephant. Based on the size of the head, that was one spectacularly enormous elephant. I hope he went out in a blaze of glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home