Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thunderbolts and lightning

very very frightening...at least for me, last night. We had a whoppah of a storm. Worst one I've seen in years and I've been around for quite some time, let me tell you.

Seriously though, the storm was big and bad and loud. My cat hid under the bed. I grabbed my trusty flashlight and sat by the (closed) window and watched. I was, I am ashamed to admit, a bit scared, and feeling a little alone. I ran through my list of people I could call who would potentially be up at midnight on a Monday evening...and then I remembered you can't use a telephone during an electrical storm. I do have a cordless but its safety level is a question I could never answer -- and I was asked to answer it professionally, so I've done some research.

When I was little I would line all my stuffed animals up along the perimeter of my bed during storms and I would talk to them about how we were all in this together. And I think we still are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home