Monday, September 05, 2005

City Bumpkin

Took a boat out to Bumpkin Island, one of the Boston Harbor Islands. It was gahgeous! The only natural mammals there are the vole and the park ranger, one of whom was hot but unfortunately also California mellow bad (thanks to amy for introducing me to this term, which means you are from CA, move just a little too slowly smoke a wee bit too much pot and have essentially no personality) and clearly looked upset when I recommended he get a rifle to keep those pesky littering Masshole pigs at bay. I was just kidding though!

My friend K and I ate cheese and fruit. I mucked about in the water and peed in the bushes. We skipped stones and looked at big crab claws and tasted rose hips and picked a pear each from a tree growing on the center of the island. Then each flung giant rocks into the sea to say bye-bye to summer, and took the boat back, motoring slowly by Logan whilst planes giant and wee took off and landed right over our heads! We ended the day with iced coffees at a fancy hotel. All in all, a fine Labor Day. Except that I went for a run when I got home and then ate too much pasta and now I'm gassy. But, hey, good with the bad, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home