Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tagged

1.) 10 years ago...I was starting my first "real" job, as the very first employee of an arts and news independent weekly paper in Vermont that celebrates its tenth anniversary this coming Saturday night. I was living on School Street in Burlington with a couple of rich faux-hippy bitches from upstate NY in a teeny bedroom with my own teeny balcony. My bike had been stolen and I had no car and so I walked everywhere.

2.) 5 years ago...I was working with Contagious at a wacky book publishing house in Maine. I had just begun my relationship with los chickenfucker, a relationship which would end badly, and thank god it did end. I was living with my octogenarian grandmother in an unheated bedroom in a drafty house in a chichi town near the NH coast. I was still smoking, a pack and a half a day, and many of my mornings began with 3 cigarettes and a big cup of coffee, after which I would go for a six mile run.

3.) 1 year ago...Having finally left the chickenfucker, my kitty and I were living with my parents. I had no job and no money to speak of whatsoever. I had one of the most awkward conversations of my life with Polackpappy, which went something like this:

"Dad, may I have fifty dollars?"
"What do you need fifty dollars for?"
"I need to get a refill of my birth control pills."
"Are you......ummmmmmmm....active?"

4.)Yesterday…I woke at around 7:30, farted around a bit, went for a jog. Called someone about a job -- no work, yet. Answered some emails. Had coffee and cobbler with cuarentayuno and then went walking with him and his hot new opera singer bf. Watched a chick flick when I got home and ate chicken pot pie.

5.) Today...It's 8:38 in the morning. I just took a shower and had a massive bowl of cereal and watched GMA. I need to get my hair cut, go to the gym, return some phone calls, clean my apartment, find a job. My kitty is asleep on the futon I got for free from a couple I met at a party in Cambridge. I have a big bag of peaches and tomatoes in the kitchen from a friend's garden and I'm going to make some peach galettes and a pot of tomato sauce soon.

6.) Tomorrow…I've got an appointment with a personal trainer in the morning...and need to decide if I'm going to Vermont. I'm running in a road race in NH on Saturday morning so would already be partway to the Green Mountain state, but Dr. Moo is on call all weekend so she and I wouldn't be able to hang out.

7.) 5 snacks I enjoy…candy (yesterday I bought some harvest mix. I love love love the mellowcreme pumpkins), lemon sorbet, crunchy cheese doodles, fresh pineapple, and cheeses, both stinky and not.

8.) 5 bands that I know lyrics to…Ummm, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, Simon & Garfunkel, Beck, Aimee Mann, and Neil Diamond. Yeah, cause money talks but it can't sing and dance and it can't walk.

9.)5 things I'd do with a $100,000,000...Pay off bills of friends and family and myself, buy houses -- in woods, by sea. – to live in. Send Polackpappy to Peru, where he was in the sixties and would like to return. Invest -- what can I say; I'm practical. Give some of it away to deserving strangers.

10.) 5 locations I'd like to runaway to – Since I've never been anywhere, save PEI, FLA, and Nebraska, this is an easy one: New Zealand, where it's green and there are lots of sheep. Alaska, because it's so unspoiled and remote. Iceland, because it's so geologically different from here. Ireland and Poland so that I can meet others who are Mc and who are Polack.

11.) 5 bad habits I have…The most terrible and freakish would be the continual picking of the man-hairs that sprout from my chin area. It seems like there are more every day. I also overeat with some frequency but at the same time let a lot of food go to waste. I am a terrible procrastinator and can put off doing just about anything. Also I gossip. And when I pass gas, regardless of the end it comes out of, I like to do so loudly and with gusto, after which I snicker.

12.) 5 Things I like doing…Hiking and then eating lots of cheese at the top of the mountain...walking and talking, for hours...running...being by the sea...shopping.

13.) 5 things I would never wear… sweatpants (and NOBODY should EVER wear them, IMHO. They are hideous.) Tapered-leg acid-washed jeans. Pleated pants. Track suits. Low-riders because what ends up happening with my fine Polish fanny is a v.v. bad case of Crack is Wack.

14.) 5 shows I like… Buffy The Vampire Slayer (no longer on but has not been matched by anything I've seen since), Gilmore Girls, Frontline, Alias, although mainly for the Michael Vartan, and yes, on occasion I still watch the General Hospital.

15.) 5 movies I like… Godfathers I & II, Heat, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, The Mosquito Coast, Fearless.

16.) 5 famous people I'd like to meet…MV, of course, so I can hump his leg. Madeleine L'Engle, Paul Simon, Jon Stewart (I'd hump his leg too only he's a bit short so maybe I'll hump his arm instead), W.

17.) 5 biggest joys at the moment...Family, friends, kitty, writing, feeling confident, finally.

18.) 5 favorite toys...from when I was younger...I actually didn't play with toys as a kid, so much so that my mother thought I was a little weird. I played in the backyard, by the stream, on the dirt road, and in the woods, instead, and I read a lot of books. But I did have a love affair with Bug World, a kickass playset that I check E-Bay for on occasion because I would buy it in a heartbeat. I don't play with toys anymore but I DO play with myself. Sorry, I just couldn't resist throwing that one in there.

19.) I'll tag amy and cuarentayuno. Let's see if they bite!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I did it... do you dare find out more about me?

5:12 PM, September 07, 2005

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

Ooh, fun! Do I write my answers on my own blog?

6:10 PM, September 07, 2005

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Yes, amy, write the answers in your blog...and then feel free to "tag" some other folks...looking forward to reading yours!

7:05 PM, September 07, 2005

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

I'll get right on it, as soon as my folks head home...

8:51 PM, September 09, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home