Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Then she did her job.

I have been tagged by miss amy of California Eating. It is something called a "23/5 meme" where you go to the 5th sentence of the 23rd posting of your blog and write something interesting about it. My fifth sentence is posted above.

It was in reference to how the McPolack work ethic compelled Dr. Moo to work through some sort of horrible stomach flu that left her so sick she could hardly drive, let alone wrassle cows. But wrassle cows she did. Because that is what we McPolacks do.

Well, I suppose that is more what that McPolack does. When I am working, when I have a task in front of me, when someone is expecting something out of me, I give, and I give a lot. But I have trouble motivating myself. Especially now, when I'm out of work again -- when there aren't any platitudes left to make you feel better -- like, you should network, and go to job fairs, and do what you love and the money will follow.

But the funny thing is I don't necessarily feel so bad about my current situation, or even at times particulary urgent. I don't know that it's so much that I've been broken by the endless revolving door of my work experiences as it is that I've found some sort of acceptance: ah, so this is how it is. At least insofar as this is how it has been.

So, to sum up: This ties back into the 23/5 sentence because if I were really heeding my mother's advice I would be doing something, anything, rather than "burn through my savings," although I hate that phrase. But I'm not. I'm trying to keep my radar open for possibilities; I'm talking with some folks; I'm sending out some resumes. I'm not freaking out.

Although I may be hiding under my bed. At least a little.

Anyhoo. I'm tagging my pals Contagious and Male Mannequin. I'm eager to see what they post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home