Thursday, December 22, 2005

Why McPolack and Whole Foods shouldn't mix

1. Because, at least in the Arlington one, the parking lot turns her into an uberbitch.
2. Because she spent, today, 75 American dollars, basically on lunch.

Okay, so I got some fancy cheeses and good bread and crackers and salad and nursing mother tea for a visit to my friend OSB and her new baby, which will take place this Saturday. I also bought some 11 dollar a pound blue something or other coffee because it was roasted this morning and smelled so good (and it was harvested by the fascinating people of Batak) and somehow I spent nine dollars at the salad bar, nine dollars that will be passing through my digestive tract within the hour.

But the bakery man double-wrapped the bread and let me know how to keep it fresh until Saturday (freeze it, then partially defrost and heat in the oven for a few minutes at 375) and the nine dollar salad is going to be dee-licious and, dagnabbit, OSB has bought me innumerable lunches over the years I've known her and I really ought to buy out the whole store, just for her.

Next week, it's back to the Market Basket with me. But for now, I am looking forward to lunch!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I think it's totally worth it to splurge on really good food like that once in a while! Sometimes I treat myself to a $6 container of spinach and ricotta ravioli from Citarella, a fancy-pants gourmet store in Manhattan. And while I'm initially guilt-stricken, it's worth every penny!

9:03 PM, December 22, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home