Sunday, June 11, 2006

Flavor Flav

For lunch today I finally tried the ramen noodles given to me by L. They are her favorite and she cannot keep them in the house because as soon as they come in the house they disappear. I am here to tell you they will soon be disappearing from my house as well. Because these are the best ramen noodles that I have ever eaten. They come with three flavor packets! I know, I know--amazing, isn't it?

One is the usual mixture of salt, msg, salt, sodium, and dried up pieces of onion, and salt. The second is chili powder. The third contains a paste which is made of lemon grass, chili, shallot, bergamot leaf, and galingale, among other things. You boil up some water, dump the noodles and the flavor packet contents and water into a bowl, wait three minutes, and you're in heaven.

You're also 53% on your way to getting your daily sodium intake. I think actually my heart rate may be quickening from it at the moment.

After lunch I turned the basil I braved Market Basket at 11 am on a Sunday morning to buy (gave one beeyotch who stole my parking space the finger, bought the NYTimes, but read ABC Soaps in Depth in line--Patch and Kayla are returning to Days! I embarrasingly named one of my Cabbage Patch dolls Kayla, which tells you the last time they were on the air and also that I am an idiot) into some fresh pesto for dinner later. The only issue I consistenly have with the pesto is that I forget just how pungent freshly ground garlic is. I am invariably bitch-slapped by its lily-white manicured hand in each bite of pesto I eat. I do not mind this at all, but the general public might not like the way it makes me smell.

Anyhoo. L is running 5 miles in the gym and then we're meeting on Charles Street to go sit in the park and people-watch. Girlfriend needs her sunshine. Then it's back home to meditate, clean the apartment, write (hopefully) and prepare for the week ahead.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Patch and Kayla are coming back?? OMG! I haven't watched that show since they turned Marlena into some sort of demon.. but I loved those two! I wish my kids were into Days..but unfortunately, if it's not on noggin or Nick, then I ain't watchin!

6:36 PM, June 12, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Yeah, that was about when I started watching. Frigging Marlena is still pathetic. When I was unemployed she was being brainwashed by the original Roman who was now some doctor. Calliope also showed up at one point. It's definitely a ploy to get people like you and I, who watched in the eighties, back into it. Those bastards!

8:59 PM, June 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home