Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey.

Well I was certainly sad to read of the death of Steve Irwin. I'm all for animal conservationists, even the baby-dangling kind. In my anthropomorphic thinking, this was definitely an accident, because why would critters want to kill someone who is there to help them?

I remember telling some coworkers who were laughing at me one day as we were walking after a rainstorm and I was doing my usual rescuing of efts, snakes, and earthworms,that if I got run over by a car, there'd be a team of them waiting to pick me up and deposit me on the side of the road, as a thank-you.

I also rescue worms off of city sidewalks and just had a conversation with a bug I rescued off my shirt; this was after forgetting I had a skirt on and crawling underneath my car with my butt in the air to try and diagnose a leak.

I think all this alone time is making me weirder and weirder.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worms off the pavement (sidewalk to you) so they don't get squashed by people - no. Snails - yes. However, snails in the garden get flung into my neighbour's (neighbor's to you) with a cry of "Get away from my plants, bastard!"

11:18 AM, September 05, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

You just made me laugh out loud!

I tend to leave the shell-less variety of snails (slugs -- and big ones, not the orange kind!) to their fate on the sidewalk, partly because they are mostly dead when I see them and partly because, oogie, slug slime!

1:04 PM, September 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home