Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kickin' it Holiday Style

So my lunches as of late have been inspired by Little House on the Prairie, in that I eat at least one small, sweet orange everyday, like Laura and Mary used to get in the toes of their stockings at Christmastime. Or was it Almanzo?

I also nibble on Valrhona dark chocolate, and some pepper brie cheese that I got on clearance from Shaws (I just cut off the mold -- well, the mold that's not supposed to be there) and sesame crackers. I think the Valrhona has ruined my palate for ordinary candy because I just tried a Milk Dud and ended up spitting it out.

Of course, all this is my pathetic attempt to hide the fact that I am a drugged up single childless cat-owning wayward odd-jobs-working thirtysomething female...as opposed to a child in braids and a cotton lawn dress and hobnailed boots or some rich foodie with a predilection for high fat and caffeine.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mcp,

i'm well aware i owe you a long email, and will get to it as soon as i can.

hope you're well, you and your shaw's brie.

yikes.

cb

12:55 PM, November 28, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

That's from the Shaw's on Huntington Avenue in the big city, buster. It's full of fancy things.

I'm well. Looking forward to the email but no rush, eh?

1:00 PM, November 28, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

sounds like a fine spread to me, lady. may your holiday season be filled with joy, laughter and more discount cheese.

11:38 PM, November 28, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura and Mary also got a round cake AND a penny EACH in their Christmas stocking, one of which they used to buy a slate pencil from Mr Olsen's store. I believe Mr Edwards was responsible for these.

5:19 AM, November 29, 2006

 
Blogger Nonsequitur said...

Have you ever seen the bumper sticker wisdom:"Not all who wander are lost,"? Just because you are not doing precisely what everyone else is doing does not mean that there is something wrong with it. Better to march against the flow of traffic to the beat of your own drum than to shuffle along in a daze. It may be a bit lonely, but it also empowers you to be far more creative and adaptable.

8:08 AM, November 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home