Saturday, May 10, 2008

You oughta be in pictures

Well the initial audition for the cable access show went well and I'm going to do a trial run this Wednesday evening. Yes, I will be on television! There is one other contender for the cohost spot but I'm hoping to outshine her, which I intend to do by being the McPolackiest McPolack I can.

Anyhoo, I am coming off of an insanely busy week. Met my deadlines yesterday (yay!) then took the train allllllll the way to Brookline (about an hour's ride) to see this collection at a trunk show. I met O at a party a few years back and haven't seen her in a long while, which is a shame, because she is fabulous. I'm saving up my money to buy one of her pieces. After the trunk show I came home, ate dinner, read some, and went to bed.

Now I'm having coffee and getting ready to go to the dumpster party of another friend. We're tearing down a shed in her backyard. Then it's off to NH for a party that's a little bittersweet. My maternal grandfather covered WWII for a NH paper and so there's a space of several years between the first and second sets of aunties and uncles born of his marriage. I am the oldest child from the second set. The youngest child, cousin Tim, whom I remember being born on a sofa in Manchvegas (it was a home birth), was graduated from college last week and the party is for him. I can't believe he's all grown up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best of luck. i'd love to see you on tv.

bitter joe

8:47 PM, May 11, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

edit

umm, you know what i mean. your personality on tv. who know where it could lead, funny girl?

bitter joe

8:50 PM, May 11, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, bitter joe! I know what you mean.

5:18 PM, May 12, 2008

 
Blogger Teri said...

Oh my! I followed your link and what beautiful coats found!! I want one!

Hope you're well!
xo

11:33 AM, May 13, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home