Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top-o-the-begorrah-blarney-stone-kissing-leprechaun-pot-o-me-gold!

aka Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I am a real fan of the saints. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. Michael, the archangel, was a slayer of demons, and the namesake of my very very very Irish Catholic college. St. Paddy's Day was a fine holiday in the Green Mountains. It began with drinking at 6 o'clock in the morning at the Blarney Stone, the school's unofficial piss-and-vomit-stained bar. By noon folks were drunk enough to start a massive food fight in the cafeteria.

Ah, memories.

This year I celebrated by watching my FOB co-host perform standup comedy at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education. He and four other students very bravely did 12-minute sets in front of about 50 people. And they all got genuine laughs.

And now I'm home cooking dinner. No corned beef and cabbage for me and no green beer either but I feel like I did St. Patrick proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home