Monday, September 28, 2009

Sometimes...

...I can't decide if Somerville is adorable, or irritatingly hipster. Probably it is both.

Not too much to update. Went apple-picking this weekend with Walnut and her bf; then visited a community farm that had some of the most humongous vegetables I have ever seen. Like these kale plants.Note that a butternut squash has prostrated itself before the great green gods.

The apples at the orchard were pretty ginormous, too. When I told McMumsy she said she'd noticed this, but that they weren't very flavorful, on account of all the rain, and I tend to agree with her. Plus the skin on the giant Mac I ate yesterday was really tough. Still I did greatly enjoy eating fruit right off the tree, and there's nothing like the long green grass that grows in orchards. I wanted to roll around in it. Alas, as I was a guest of Walnut and her bf, I had to control myself.

Sunday I worked. And it was good.

Next weekend it's the Deerfield Fair, but I have yet to find anyone willing to spend 12 straight hours there eating, looking at stuff, patting animals, cleaning the poo off your hands, then repeating the cycle. It's a damn shame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

i'm planning on going tomorrow and dragging the gremlin with me.

7:49 PM, September 30, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Awesome! I got confirmation yesterday that my sister can in fact go; I think we're going to brave Saturday's rain.

Just jack the gremlin up on doughnuts as big as her head, cotton candy, fudge, and peanut brittle. She's going to love it! Have fun!

10:00 PM, September 30, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home