Thursday, October 08, 2009

So long, 35, and thanks for all the...?

I CANNOT BELIEVE that as of tomorrow, I will be older than 35.

And I will continue to get older than 35 until I am dead.

WTF?

Logically I understand I'm still young, it's just a number, at least I'm not 45/55/65, etc. But I've got to get this off my chest: How the FUCK did I get here? I mean, SERIOUSLY. It's a little embarrassing how just like everyone else I am with this.

I think what's most troubling is that my youth is finally, irrevocably, and utterly gone. I know too much now. Plus, I've got wrinkles. Jesus, even my eggs are starting to get a bit...stale. This is very, very, very, very, very, very WEIRD.

I remember when I turned 30, all my younger relatives-and there are a lot of them-were a little freaked out. Because as the oldest of the second run of cousins, those born to the babies my Grammy Mc had after WWII, I'm like their big blond canary in a coal mine. Well guess what, kids? It's getting pretty OLD in the coal mine.

OK, that's enough for now. I'm really OK, and even excited. I don't like placing bets but I do have a burbly-good feeling about 36.

Or maybe it's just gas.

4 Comments:

Blogger cb said...

I always thought 30 would be tough for me, but it was a breeze. But 35 struck, and that was a struggle.

Now, at 38, I'm still coping with 35, and if anyone asks, I'm 29. 'Cause 30's a breeze.

Happy birthday.

cb

8:06 AM, October 09, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thank you, sir. I call you sir now because you are so old.

But seriously. Thank you. Grandpa.

OK, I mean it now: Thanks.

McP

11:26 PM, October 09, 2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated b-day!

Heidi

4:00 PM, October 13, 2009

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, Heidi!

9:49 PM, October 14, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home