Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Now where was I...

I'm now bored with writing about my weekend, so here's the quick wrapup: Sweaty yoga/Indianfood/breakfastout/StarWarsconcert/crepes/visiting.

Last night I checked out another 12-step meeting, mostly because I was listening to an old Fresh Air podcast and a guy was talking about how he finally managed to shut his monkey brain the eff up with the help of a 12-step program.

At the meeting I went to, I heard a lot of stuff I could identify with, as usual. What I didn't hear was a lot of strength or growth. I'm not going to give up on the 12-step stuff but what I need is to hear from people who are progressing in life, not dog-paddling around in a murky puddle. It's like the dark, sad parts of me came out and sat around with the dark, sad parts of other people and we were dark and sad. There was stuckness and gloom.

I don't want any more stuckness and gloom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

me either. on the 'stuckness and gloom' part.

6:49 PM, November 18, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home