Monday, January 18, 2010

Dining in

This is what I had for dinner tonight

It's a green curry with tofu, tomatoes, two kinds of onions, and shiitake mushrooms. L alerted me to the 4.99 a pound fungi when we were at the under-new-ownership Ming's in Chinatown. I also bought frozen chestnuts, mango gummies, and local veggie dumplings, but otherwise managed to restrain myself.

The curry was goooooooooooooooooood.

Last night my food writer friend invited me to try a new restaurant she will soon be reviewing. Unfortunately for said restaurant, the food was meh and the service worse. The waitress brought me a bottle of ginger beer I had asked her to ensure was alcohol-free. One sip told me otherwise. "There's 13 years sobriety down the drain!" I joked, but then had to reassure my horrified friend that it didn't count.

In the restaurant's favor, the desserts were delicious, as were the complimentary pickles. I liked the monkfish, too. And the company was of course tasty, satisfying, warm and lively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home