Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Bush League

I tried out the extra-fancy lady gym near my extra-unfancy unisex gym today, thanks to a special deal my sister-in-law forwarded along to me. I get to go back 23 more times! And I am excited! Here is why:

1. Cleanliness
2. Cleanliness
3. Hot trifecta

The gym is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much cleaner than skank-ass Ballys, where sometimes flies land on you. The showers are cleaner. They have three-foot-high dispensers filled with perforated disposable sanitizing wipes. Plus hand sanitizer dispensers. Plus free workout towels. There's shampoo and conditioner and soap and lotion, all free!

And then there's the hot trifecta: sauna, whirlpool, and eucalyptus steam room. I went in all three. Bare-ass naked. Let me tell you a little something about Cambridge: it is FULL OF HIPPIES. What do you get when you add a ladies-only gym to a town full of hippies? Naked is what you get. And disco bush. And floppy boobies.

I found it really freeing. I tend to base my own comfort level with nakedness on the comfort level of those around me, and these ladies were acting like they were in sweatpants. I didn't worry about where to look or how I looked. I was just another sweaty naked gal enjoying the good life. Man did it make me want to be rich. Because normally this gym is 100 bucks a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home