Monday, February 08, 2010

Hills

Spent Saturday night in the Monadnock region with OSB and her family. And holy moly am I glad I don't have small children. Not that I don't find her girls, who are 20 months and 4 years old, adorable and fun. But I also find them LOUD. And full of crazy frenetic energy. The running around and screaming just does not stop. The only way to get them out of your hair is, you guessed it, television. And that doesn't really work on the younger one.

People say when they're yours, it's different. Man, I don't know.

I did appreciate the spontaneous hug the 4-year-old gave me when I came back from a 7-mile walk. I also appreciated the hand sanitizer, as one of the girlies had a near-constant blob of yellow snot hanging out of her nose. (FYI, if these were my kids, things would be worse. I think OSB is a very able mommy.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

it is not different when their yours. i have a very hard time tuning out the screeches and frenetic energy and i only have one. i think i actually became more sensitive to noise/chaos after having her. i can only handle one source of stimulus at a time. if she's making noise, while the tv is on and hubbers is trying to tell me something too, then i practically go bezerk.

7:48 PM, February 08, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Hmm. I too do not like to have the tv going and talking happening at the same time. We need to evolve to have ears we can listen through independent of one another, and more of them. So you could shut off the ears by the TV and kid but keep the one for the husband on, etc.

BTW, I m-i-s-s your blog. Don't know why I spelled miss but there it is. I'm glad you're still visiting my blog and am sending you my powerful beams of hippy-happy energy.

9:55 PM, February 09, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home