Thursday, April 07, 2011

Bird no longer the word

I noticed over the past couple of days that the momma bird at the LNFU nest was spending more and more time with her fluffy bum not resting atop her future children. Last night around 5 as I was walking nearby I saw/heard both birdie parents soaring and calling overhead. Since I haven't had time to research nesting habits I thought this might mean I didn't need to worry.

To be honest, I don't need to worry about wild birds regardless of the situation. But what can I say? I love me some critters.

Sadly, it looks as though the nest and its clutch of three eggs was abandoned. I don't know anything else at this point but someone in the ornithology department did provide a link to a fascinating eagle-cam which, when I last checked, had some adorable birdie action

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home