Monday, October 10, 2011

Woodsy

I attended cousin B's wedding in northern NH this weekend and managed to work in a short solo hike. It has been long enough since I've hauled ass up one side of a mountain and down the same side that I found myself cursing its steepness. Despite all the wind I sucked I beat book time, thank GOD. Because I need a reason to be proud of my meaty meaty man-legs.

I didn't leave myself enough time to fit in a second peak but the jog I took the next morning was quite hilly and calf-satisfying. That neck of the woods is gorgeous, but there is of course a lot of poverty. I don't know what the solution is to the issue of some people having to scratch out a living in a place where others own a second or third home that they own solely for pleasure, and perhaps if I spent less time ruminating on things over which I have no control I would spend more time working on things I can actually fix. Talk is cheap, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home