Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hooking Up

Anyone been watching this show? It's on ABC; it's about online dating in NYC. I had a long day at work and was laying on my behind watching it when my mum called me. She was watching it too and wanted to know what I thought. Was I on match.com? Was I on eHarmony? What was it like? She also told me about how she read in People magazine (mum also reads the Times) about two people who got fired from their jobs for having blogs. I told my mum I thought...

Okay, quick aside, there's a 31 year old woman on the tv right now who looks like she's 40. And she's a yoga instructor! Damn, I look good for my age.

...that this whole firing thing was unfair. Mostly it worries me because who I am in terms of what I write at my job is markedly different from who I am in my writing elsewhere. And I don't think your employer should be able to dictate what you say outside of work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home